viernes, 20 de mayo de 2016

I BELIEVE...

...in you.

When I was preparing my competitive examinations to become a teacher in the Spanish public school I was very lucky to have as a teacher an incredible human being, Pura. It was not that she was great in everything related to our preparation, that she really was; it was the feeling that she did believe in us and in our possibilities getting the best results. 
SHE BELIEVED IN ME. From the moment our eyes met, she knew I was going to reach what I wanted before I realized I could really do it. And so, our "leitmotiv" during those months preparing our exams with her was not other but: "I believe".

I passed my examinations, with the best results, as she predicted. And, although I had been teaching in some schools before getting my place in the public school, and though I had ever thought about my kids as brilliant little people able to learn absolutely everything, the fact that an amazing teacher and person believed in me with such strength made me believe in others from a new perspective.

I teach English, and sometimes, depending on the school year, other subjects as well. I try to teach with my heart, with the idea that all my kids have to enjoy what we do. A boring class for them is a boring class for me. I try to get into their hearts by planning activities which imply something different from the normal routine, because teaching in a funny way is making them learning more and better while having fun.

I plan those activities for all my students, the ones with a higher level, and the ones with some special education needs. And, I promise, all of them improve the way they learn and all of them are able to do such activities. Why? Because I BELIEVE IN THEM. No matter the difficulties we do find along the way to accomplish our goal, the thing is that I really believe they can get their best. Of course, the level of language acquisition will be different between the kids with no learning difficulties and the ones with special needs BUT the great thing is that they will be learning anyway. They will have fun when learning. They will see themselves able to keep on learning. That's what really matters.

I DO BELIEVE IN MY STUDENTS. If you LOVE what you do, teaching is much easier and it makes it a magic work.

Thank you Pura García for believing in us, in me.


Noni Medina. English Teacher.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario